Posted to users@ws.apache.org by Li Ma <li...@idealtechs.com> on 2003/03/16 17:51:30 UTC

XML-RPC calls take lots of socket resource

Hi there,

I was testing performance of XML-RPC on WInXP. After I made about a
thousand XML-RPC calls, I got XML-RPC connection exception. And If I run
netstat, I saw a long list of connections to my RPC Server, which makes
me really nervous. Seams like every single RPC call, even from same
rpcclient, takes one socket connection and doesn't release it corectly.
Anyone has got the same experience?

Thanks!

-Li

Re: XML-RPC calls take lots of socket resource

Posted by Peter Carter <pe...@pbc.ottawa.on.ca>.
That's a windows winsock issue. Windows has a history of 'taking it's
time' to close down sockets.