Posted to dev@airavata.apache.org by Amila Jayasekara <th...@gmail.com> on 2013/07/30 17:51:04 UTC

[GSoC] Building and running Xbaya web ui

Hi All,

I was trying to build and run XBaya web ui currently in gsoc2013 folder in
sandbox. I was following instructions in [1].

I am having following concerns;
1. According to [1] we need to install few software components before
building the source. Can we compile a script to setup initial environment ?
2. When I run "grunt test", I get following output;

[~/development/apache/airavata/sandbox/gsoc2013]>grunt test
Running "clean:server" (clean) task

Running "concurrent:test" (concurrent) task

    Running "coffee:dist" (coffee) task

    Running "coffee:test" (coffee) task

    Done, without errors.
        Warning: Running "compass:dist" (compass) task
    Warning: You need to have Ruby and Compass installed and in your system
PATH for this task to work. More info:
https://github.com/gruntjs/grunt-contrib-compass Use --force to continue.

    Aborted due to warnings. Use --force to continue.

        Aborted due to warnings.

Above warning complains about "ruby". Do we need ruby to run tests ?

3. How can I deploy and start XBaya web UI ? (Couldnt find any wiki link
relevant to this, other than a registry api java script client)

Thanks
Amila

[1] https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/airavata/sandbox/gsoc2013/README.md

Re: [GSoC] Building and running Xbaya web ui

Posted by Suresh Marru <sm...@apache.org>.
This is great feedback. For lazy people like me, is it possible to have a hosted version of the latest code so I can skip the build process and get to reviewing the UI?

We have a pending INFRA ticket [1] on getting a VM for such purposes, but in the interim, we can arrange a server to deploy.

Suresh
[1] - https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/INFRA-6102

Posted by Sanchit Aggarwal <sa...@gmail.com>.
Hi Chathuri,

Thank you for the feedback.
About Application Registration and Host Registration , the improvements
mentioned are already implemented. The possible reason for the host
protocol list being empty might be that the controller is not getting
initiated.(As I changed the name for the controller from HostDescriptor to
RegistryDescriptor). Chathuri have you taken the latest code?

About the advance options for application registration, I am in process of
adding a new use case where* the user can add application parameters via
csv file*, hence will involve all the remaining advance option along with
this new use case in my next patch.

Monitoring Panel is not properly integrated with the current UI due to it
has not been implemented in Angular. Vijayendra is already in process of
modifying it.

The application and host registration are not working due to CORS issue (as
the web ui is running from node server while the airavata server is
deployed on tomcat).
Chathuri I think Viknes has resolved this issue in the monitoring client,
Can you please guide us in resolving this issue so that we can make the
XBaya UI server independent?

Workflow creation view, since it depends on the Client API, most of
components can be added only after defining the structure, as decided in
the last hangout session, Subho , Shameera and I will be working on this
part for coming week.

+1 for the General improvements, will include those in next patch.We will
also write the test cases for above scenarios.

Regards
Sanchit Aggarwal
MS Research (Computer Science)
Center for Visual Information Technology
IIIT Hyderabad, Gachibowli
Contact - 9581417330

Posted by Chathuri Wimalasena <ka...@gmail.com>.
Hi Sanchit and all,

Posted by Sanchit Aggarwal <sa...@gmail.com>.
Hi Amila

Posted by Amila Jayasekara <th...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Saminda Wijeratne <sa...@gmail.com>.
+1 for a setup script.

Posted by Subho Banerjee <su...@gmail.com>.
Hi Amila,
We are using SCSS to preprocess our style files. Now since yeoman's
angular-generator assumes `compass` is the default preprocessor, we have to
stick with that.

https://github.com/yeoman/generator-angular/issues/239

Eventually, I think some one will write a SCSS preprocessor in javascript
and that will be the one used by default on yeoman. We can change
accordingly at that time.

On Tue, Jul 30, 2013 at 9:48 PM, Sanchit Aggarwal <

--
Cheers,
Subho

Re: [GSoC] Building and running Xbaya web ui

Posted by Sanchit Aggarwal <sa...@gmail.com>.
Hi Amila

Posted by Amila Jayasekara <th...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Sanchit Aggarwal <sa...@gmail.com>.