Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by MikeCrosby <mc...@yahoo.com> on 2007/03/16 22:18:31 UTC

Exception Adding User

I'm not sure why this is occurring, but previously I was able to register a
user using the User Registration portlet that ships with Jetspeed without
issue.  The user would successfully register and a folder would be created
for them will all files contained in the "template" directory.

Today, I attempted to add a user and came across the following error
message:

Failed to add user.org.apache.jetspeed.administration.RegistrationException:
java.lang.SecurityException: SecurityConstraintsImpl.checkConstraints():
Access for edit not permitted

It looks like it attempts to register the user since they are listed in the
user list.  The folder for the user is also created (based on the "template"
directory) but only contains the folder.metadata file.  It does not contain
the other files that reside in the template folder (the PSML files).  The
user can log in, however, since there is no default-page.psml contained in
their user folder, the appropriate portlets do not display.

Does this look like a permissions problem within the operating system, or is
this a PSML permissions issue?

Thanks,
Mike