Posted to dev@ignite.apache.org by Yakov Zhdanov <yz...@apache.org> on 2015/09/28 18:43:49 UTC

Ignite 1.5 plans

Guys!

We have finalized 1.4 release!

Thanks to everyone involved! That was very important release for our
project.

Let's discuss scope for 1.5.

I think the main focus areas should be:
1. Optimized marshaller rework - Alex Goncharuk works on this.
2. .Net and Cpp API release (depends on 3) - Vladimir Ozerov
3. Portable API release - Denis Magda and Vladimir
4. Failover for continuous query notifications - Nick Tikhonov
5. Cache Rebalancing optimizations - Anton Vinogradov
6. Fix compatibility with IBM JDK
7. Cache stability and performance fixes (as many as possible)

Nice to have:
8. Finish vert.x integration - Andrey Gura works on this.
9. Finish node.js integration - I think Semyon should pass it over to
someone else, given he is busy with cache. Anyone? Andrey Gura?

Comments are welcome!

--Yakov

Re: Ignite 1.5 plans

Posted by Dmitriy Setrakyan <ds...@apache.org>.
On Tue, Sep 29, 2015 at 1:44 PM, Konstantin Boudnik <co...@apache.org> wrote:

> Here's the link to the JIRA just in case
>      https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/IGNITE-1555

Would be great if someone in the community could review the patch.

Also, Cos, can you please change the ticket to "Patch Available"?

D.

Re: Ignite 1.5 plans

Posted by Konstantin Boudnik <co...@apache.org>.

Re: Ignite 1.5 plans

Posted by Konstantin Boudnik <co...@apache.org>.
how about

Re: Ignite 1.5 plans

Posted by Dmitriy Setrakyan <ds...@apache.org>.

Re: Ignite 1.5 plans

Posted by Konstantin Boudnik <co...@apache.org>.
With my Ignite hat on, I think having them together in the same assembly makes
sense. After all, this is why I have offered the patch in the form it is right
now.

With my Bigtop hat on: I don't care one way or another. As soon as I can
produce one or more assemblies that will have all the required bits in it - I
will hack them anyway to produce seamless native installation experience for
the users.

I am happy to to change the patch to produce two assemblies or six as far as
we can unblock the Bigtop change.

Thanks,
  Cos

Re: Ignite 1.5 plans

Posted by Dmitriy Setrakyan <ds...@apache.org>.

Re: Ignite 1.5 plans

Posted by Nikita Ivanov <ni...@gmail.com>.

Re: Ignite 1.5 plans

Posted by Dmitriy Setrakyan <ds...@apache.org>.

Re: Ignite 1.5 plans

Posted by Nikita Ivanov <ni...@gmail.com>.

Re: Ignite 1.5 plans

Posted by Konstantin Boudnik <co...@apache.org>.

Re: Ignite 1.5 plans

Posted by Nikita Ivanov <ni...@gmail.com>.

Re: Ignite 1.5 plans

Posted by Konstantin Boudnik <co...@apache.org>.

Re: Ignite 1.5 plans

Posted by Yakov Zhdanov <yz...@apache.org>.
> I'd like to add several things.
> 1) It looks like fix for IBM JVM will brake backward compatibility because
> the problem is caused by missing serialVersionId, right?

If we add default UUIDS as calculated by hotspot everything seems to be
fine then.

> 2) HP-UX users are also concerned, see last comments in
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/IGNITE-1493 I think we must adress
> Unsafe refactoring in this release as well.

Well, this is a bit more complex, but let's see if it fits

Re: Ignite 1.5 plans

Posted by Vladimir Ozerov <vo...@gridgain.com>.

Re: Ignite 1.5 plans

Posted by Dmitriy Setrakyan <ds...@apache.org>.
Gianfranco,

I agree that integration with Drools would be useful.

I think Yakov is questioning where this integration should be hosted. It
looks like Infinispan is hosting it separately from their main code base.

We can host it in Apache repo, or we can create a separate project for it,
for example, here: https://github.com/apacheignite

Looks like Drools is licensed under ASL2.0, so we could really do it either
way.

Would be interesting do find out what others think.

D.

Re: Ignite 1.5 plans

Posted by Gianfranco Murador <mu...@apache.org>.
Yakov,

Re: Ignite 1.5 plans

Posted by Yakov Zhdanov <yz...@apache.org>.
Igniters,

Re: Ignite 1.5 plans

Posted by Yakov Zhdanov <yz...@apache.org>.
I recall I heard about JBPM from one of our users and he referenced
infinispan integration as example. So, yes, this can be interesting, but
isn't https://github.com/droolsjbpm/droolsjbpm-integration repo a proper
place for it?

--Yakov

Re: Ignite 1.5 plans

Posted by Gianfranco Murador <mu...@apache.org>.
Dmitry,

Re: Ignite 1.5 plans

Posted by Gianfranco Murador <mu...@apache.org>.
Dmitry,

Re: Ignite 1.5 plans

Posted by Dmitriy Setrakyan <ds...@apache.org>.
Gianfranco,

Re: Ignite 1.5 plans

Posted by Gianfranco Murador <mu...@apache.org>.

Re: Ignite 1.5 plans

Posted by Dmitriy Setrakyan <ds...@apache.org>.
On Tue, Sep 29, 2015 at 12:33 AM, Raul Kripalani <ra...@evosent.com> wrote:

> Yep but I'm struggling imagining that component living in the Apache Ignite
> repo. It should be hosted in Camel as a Camel component with consumers and
> producers, and making extensive use of Camel APIs.
>
> However, at the same time I don't like splitting the integration half here
> and half there. Dilemma.

I also think it should be in Camel, however streamer can be in Ignite for
consistency with other streamers. I see your point, but I think it is
proper structure: camel->ignite integration in camel, and ignite->camel
integration in ignite, no?

Re: Ignite 1.5 plans

Posted by Raul Kripalani <ra...@evosent.com>.

Re: Ignite 1.5 plans