Posted to user@impala.apache.org by "Rosso, Roland" <Ro...@AdventHealth.com> on 2020/08/21 20:11:40 UTC

RE: [EXTERNAL] Re: Parquet as default format at Service level

Thank you Shant,

I did try it in Hue and got Invalid query option: DEFAULT_FILE_FORMAT
Using SET; I don’t see this as an option either.
We are running 3.2.0 on CDH 6.2.1. It shows on the link it was release for 3.2. Is it 3.2.+?

Thanks,
Roland Rosso
AdventHealth
Big Data Administrator | Corporate Analytics
Posted by Shant Hovsepian <sh...@superdupershant.com>.
Hi Roland, you're right it looks like that change didn't make it into CDH
6.2.1.

The Apache Impala versions and releases are usually a little different than
what makes it into CDH.

github.com/cloudera/impala normally tracks the CDH versions of Impala.