Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Aaron Longwell <li...@newmedialogic.com> on 2003/07/07 22:30:09 UTC

Missing Feature??: to Action

I don't like to give the user opportunities to submit their POST
twice... I avoid this one way by using an HTTP redirect following their
post... I redirect them from the POST page to a GET-based information
display page. This way pressing refresh refreshes just the display, not
the POST.

I would like to do this from the Struts action preferrably (
response.sendRedirect(..... some dyanamic action URI ....); )

As a workaround, I am sending the user to a JSP that then redirects them
to the display action. Unfortunately, there's no <logic:redirect
action="/event/list"/>. Instead I have to hard-code (argggg) the URI to
that action in the JSP.

Feature Request:
<logic:redirect> can send to an action URI

Question:
Which Struts classes can I use to find out the application relative URI
to a particular action? I'm looking for a way to do an HTTP redirect on
the response from within an action, sending them to a runtime determined
URI for the struts action in mind. I'd use this to send users from my
Update action to my List action.

Thanks,
Aaron