Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Randolf Richardson <ra...@modperl.pl> on 2015/12/23 21:17:53 UTC

FYI: ModPerl and APR with Apache HTTPd v2.4 on "pkgin" in the NetBSD 7 environment

	For anyone who wants to use ModPerl and APR with Apache HTTPd v2.4
on NetBSD 7 (installed via "pkgin"), this Problem Report that I
submitted to the NetBSD web site will probably be of interest to you:

		http://gnats.netbsd.org/cgi-bin/query-pr-single.pl?number=50583

	The problem I'm having is that I can't install the p5-libapreq2
package since it depends on Apache HTTPd v2.2.  I need this package
to use cookies (via the Apache2::Cookie API), and so it's a major
show-stopper for me.

	I think it's very important that ModPerl should include in its
documentation for compilers the importance of the APR modules since
cookies (and other APR features) are important.  My hope is that this
way it could prevent these mis-steps in the future (this has happened
to me before, and I couldn't keep up to date to the newest versions
because of it, and I worry that this might discourage some web
developers who also really like ModPerl).

Randolf Richardson - randolf@inter-corporate.com
Beautiful British Columbia, Canada
http://www.inter-corporate.com/