Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Christian Kunert <ch...@nexnet.de> on 2005/05/31 16:56:19 UTC

Client authenticaion using certificates

Hello everybody,

I'm trying to create a client which uses certificate authentication. I
have a cert-file but I really don't know how the use it. Sorry, but I'm
a axis-newbie  :-)
Should anybody show me a little workaround how to authenticate with this
certificate?

Christian
Thanks!

RE: Client authenticaion using certificates

Posted by Ephemeris Lappis <ep...@gmail.com>.
If your server application is a J2EE web application, just configure your
application server security service (the realm in Tomcat for example), to
handle your client certificates, and just use the principal and roles in
your web service server code.
For the client code, i suppose you have to set up your HTTPS connection with
the right keystore and ssl factory... In my opinion, your web service client
code should not be aware of this security aspects, as it just use the
endpoint URL to address requests, with no security or network knowledge...
--
Ephemeris Lappis