Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by peter lin <pe...@labs.gte.com> on 2002/06/25 15:35:37 UTC

more on memory leak 4.1.5

hey Remy,

I did some more test and here is a bit more info. I tested jasper2 with
4.0.3 and the is NO memory leak there. In fact the memory profile is
more stable than jasper1. Also, the CPU usage profile is much more
stable with jasper2 with tomcat 4.0.3, so I doubt it is purely jasper2,
though it could be a combination of changes to catalina and jasper2.

if I have time later today or tomorrow I will try to use JProbe and
profile the memory usage. I'll post any useful data I find.

peter

jasper2

Posted by peter lin <pe...@labs.gte.com>.
hey remy,

did this CVS commit
http://www.mail-archive.com/tomcat-dev@jakarta.apache.org/msg29253.html,
fix the bug where "FileNotFoundException" is thrown because the working
directory was deleted for force a refresh?

peter

Re: more on memory leak 4.1.5

Posted by Remy Maucherat <re...@apache.org>.
peter lin wrote:

> hey Remy,
>

> I did some more test and here is a bit more info. I tested jasper2 with
> 4.0.3 and the is NO memory leak there. In fact the memory profile is
> more stable than jasper1. Also, the CPU usage profile is much more
> stable with jasper2 with tomcat 4.0.3, so I doubt it is purely jasper2,
> though it could be a combination of changes to catalina and jasper2.

It's normal, since Jasper 2 recycles almost all of its objects.

> if I have time later today or tomorrow I will try to use JProbe and
> profile the memory usage. I'll post any useful data I find.

I've made a few tests with servlets, and it looks like the memory usage
is ok (well, at least, it doesn't leak memory; before my change
yesterday, each HTTP/1.1 processor was still allocating a lot of memory
when it was created).

Remy