Posted to dev@samza.apache.org by Jeremiah Adams <JA...@helixeducation.com.INVALID> on 2019/12/13 20:41:06 UTC

Issues with Samza-Shell and Exectuable Jar

I'm using maven to build an executable jar to run my samza job as a standalone job inside a docker container. Initially I had lifted the pom and assembly file from hello-samza, but I'm looking to simplify my codebase and break apart my large parent pom/modules based project into discrete projects with reusable components.

I'm running into an issue with the org.apache.samza.samza-shell dependency.  After several iterations of modifying pom configurations and using different build plugins - I find myself left with one of these error states: classNotFoundDef for  org.apache.samza.config.PropertiesConfigFactory, error retrieving the dependency from my local maven repo or no manifest found to start the jar.

So I've a couple questions regarding org.apache.samza.samza-shell:

1. Why? Why is it a tgz? - This is largely for my own edification.

2.  How can I unpack the tgz and copy it into the executable jar? All of my attempts to do this have failed.

Thanks for any advice.

Jeremiah Adams
Software Engineer
www.helixeducation.com<http://www.helixeducation.com/>