Posted to user@turbine.apache.org by Emmanuel Bardet <em...@bardet.org> on 2002/03/19 18:26:12 UTC

Torque: Access an external table

Hello all,

I try to create an object to access a table whic resides in another schema.
Thus, I created an entry in my schema as following.

         baseClass="com.tar.admin.om.TarAdminLanguage"
         basePeer="com.tar.admin.om.TarAdminLanguagePeer" >

This worked fine up to the point where I add the retrieveByPK functions for
which I get compilations errors i.e.:

TarArticleLanguagePeer.java [34]
retrieveByPK(org.apache.turbine.om.ObjectKey) in
com.tousauregime.article.om.TarArticleLanguagePeer cannot override
retrieveByPK(org.apache.turbine.om.ObjectKey) in
com.tar.admin.om.BaseTarAdminLanguagePeer; attempting to use incompatible
return type
found   : com.tar.article.om.TarArticleLanguage
required: com.tar.admin.om.TarAdminLanguage
    public static TarArticleLanguage retrieveByPK( ObjectKey pk )
                                     ^
Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Emmanuel.