Posted to users@servicemix.apache.org by steff aka sid <sr...@brockhaus-gruppe.de> on 2008/03/13 14:02:37 UTC

Some questions on SU's and SA's

Hi,
I've written a SA which controlles a folder for incoming messages. If there
is one it delivers it to a pipeline unit which transforms it and writes it
back to the filesystem.

Structure:
------------
controller sa:
- file poller su
- EIP pipeline su
- saxon su
- file sender su

First of all I tried to create a new file su for the file sender but this
hasn't work. I got a error message which says something like:"no deployer
found" or something like that. Then I copied the file sender in the same
file as the file poller and all works fine.

Structure now:
------------------
controller sa:
- file poller/ file sender su
- EIP pipeline su
- saxon su

So my question is: Are there any limitations that me don't allow to have
more then one su from one type in one SA? (both SU's which I first tried to
use had different names).

Best regards
/Steffen

Re: Some questions on SU's and SA's

Posted by Bruce Snyder <br...@gmail.com>.
On Thu, Mar 13, 2008 at 7:02 AM, steff aka sid
<sr...@brockhaus-gruppe.de> wrote:

>  Hi,
>  I've written a SA which controlles a folder for incoming messages. If there
>  is one it delivers it to a pipeline unit which transforms it and writes it
>  back to the filesystem.
>
>  Structure:
>  ------------
>  controller sa:
>  - file poller su
>  - EIP pipeline su
>  - saxon su
>  - file sender su
>
>  First of all I tried to create a new file su for the file sender but this
>  hasn't work. I got a error message which says something like:"no deployer
>  found" or something like that. Then I copied the file sender in the same
>  file as the file poller and all works fine.
>
>  Structure now:
>  ------------------
>  controller sa:
>  - file poller/ file sender su
>  - EIP pipeline su
>  - saxon su
>
>  So my question is: Are there any limitations that me don't allow to have
>  more then one su from one type in one SA? (both SU's which I first tried to
>  use had different names).

I have not seen the error so I'm not sure if this is the problem
you're experiencing for sure, but there is a known issue that I
believe applies to your situation and the best way to work around it
is to add the following XML fragment to the pom.xml for each of the
SUs that are based on the same component:

<properties>
  <componentName>servicemix-file</componentName>
</properties>

The componentName property contains the name of the component on which
the SUs depend and serves to advise the deployer to which component
the SUs should be deployed and should work around the problem.

But like I said, I haven't seen the error so I cannot be sure. Please
reply with the stack trace so that I can verify this.

Bruce
);'

Apache ActiveMQ - http://activemq.org/

Blog: http://bruceblog.org/