Posted to dev@trafodion.apache.org by Gunnar Tapper <ta...@gmail.com> on 2016/02/15 19:08:50 UTC

Hadoop Configuration Changes

Hi,

What does a user need to do in Trafodion when the underlying Hadoop
configuration changes?

Thanks,

Gunnar

Gunnar

Re: Hadoop Configuration Changes

Posted by Amanda Moran <am...@esgyn.com>.
HI there Gunnar-

hbase-site.xml is only there to get the number of and name of the zookeeper
nodes (look at dcs-installer and you will see how it is used). This file
can be deleted after its used, but figured it wouldn't hurt to keep it
around.

 From what
I understand, the upgrade must be done from the same node as the initial
install was made because /etc/trafodion and /usr/bin/trafodion contains
more information than on the other nodes?

It shouldn't "have to be" everything should be current on all nodes in
regards to /etc/trafodion and /usr/bin/trafodion. With that said, I believe
we normally test this way ... so there may be bugs.

a --config_file, then you reuse it. Can you change it to combine a
configuration change; for example, add new nodes?

Yes, absolutely.

Amanda Moran

Re: Hadoop Configuration Changes

Posted by Gunnar Tapper <ta...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Amanda Moran <am...@esgyn.com>.

wrote:

> Hi,
>
> What does a user need to do in Trafodion when the underlying Hadoop
> configuration changes?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Gunnar

> Gunnar