Posted to dev@wicket.apache.org by Craig Tataryn <cr...@tataryn.net> on 2011/02/05 01:45:55 UTC

The finality of MarkupException

Just curious why MarkupException is marked as final?  I'm tooling around with a patch and was hoping to be able to catch the case where we are "Unable to find component with id...".  Currently it's thrown as a MarkupException with special descriptive text by MarkupContainer.  Would be nice if a more granular exception could be thrown specifically for this situation, however MarkupException is marked as final and I was just curious why.

On a related note, I kind of wish it was standard to document the reasoning behind marking something as final, I'm usually left scratching my head when I bump into a situation where I need to extend something but can't.

Thanks,

Craig.

Re: The finality of MarkupException

Posted by Martijn Dashorst <ma...@gmail.com>.
Usually final is put there 'automatically' to protect us from messing
up API users. It is easier to remove final than it is to add it :)

Martijn

Posted by Craig Tataryn <cr...@tataryn.net>.

Posted by jcgarciam <jc...@gmail.com>.