Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Arnaud Bailly <ab...@norsys.fr> on 2005/12/10 23:57:14 UTC

Re: Building without unit tests

Hi,
In Maven2, this is done by configuring the surefire plugin:

  <build>
   <pluginManagement>
    <plugins>
     <plugin>
      <configuration>
       <testFailureIgnore>true</testFailureIgnore>
      </configuration>
     </plugin>
    </plugins>
   </pluginManagement>
  </build>

Hope it helps.

--
Arnaud Bailly - Ingénieur de Recherche
NORSYS

Re: Building without unit tests

Posted by Brill Pappin <jo...@gmail.com>.
I'm not sure it does to the exact same thing but if they feature is
removed without replacement I'll be complaining very loudly :)

So far I'm finding the new POM a little heavy and not as easy to use
as the old maven.xml file, but the functionality is still there for
the most part.

- Brill Pappin

Posted by Arnaud Bailly <ab...@norsys.fr>.
Brill Pappin wrote:
> wouldn't that cause the tests to never fail the build?
> I think what he wants is to be able to easily switch the tests off.
>
> I do this myself when I'm working on UI stuff that the tests don't
> check and I don't want to have to run though all the tests simply to
> deploy a new HTML file.
>

> - Brill Pappin

Think you are right of course. I didn't know the old behavior of
Maven1.x was preserved in Maven 2.0

Regards

Posted by Brill Pappin <jo...@gmail.com>.