Posted to slide-user@jakarta.apache.org by Andy Bowes <an...@scientiasolutions.com> on 2004/11/08 10:52:37 UTC

Deleting Link Node References

Hi

I am encountered a problem when I attempt to the delete a LinkNode.  It
seems that references to this LinkNode are left on ObjectNodes which have
had the link added to them when the LinkNode is deleted.  This causes a
DeleteMacroException to be thrown if I later attempt to delete the
ObjectNode with the 'orphaned' link reference.

Steps to demonstrate this are as follows:-

1.  Create ObjectNode - node1
2.  Create ObjectNode - node2
3.  Create LinkNode (linkNode1) that references node1.
4.  Add link to linkNode1 to node2.
5.  Delete node1 using the MacroHelper (This automatically deletes linkNode1
as well as part of it's recursive deletion)
6.  Attempt to delete node2 - This causes a DeleteMacroException to be
thrown.

I expected that the link should be deleted by the MacroHelper when the
LinkNode is deleted.  Has anyone else seen this ?

regards

Andy Bowes