Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Gr...@servicecanada.gc.ca on 2006/12/21 17:53:43 UTC

Help with @ScriptIncludes

Okay, in my border.html, inside my <head> I have a nice

I view source and looks like it's working:

<script type="text/javascript">djConfig = ..snip... </script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="/pctadmin/app?service=asset&path=%2Fdojo%2Fdojo.js"></script>
...snip a few more script tags ...

However, I'm getting an error on the first dojo.js include..

Error: illegal character
Source File: http://peanut/pctadmin/app?service=asset&path=%2Fdojo%2Fdojo.js
Line: 1
Source Code:
<

if I paste that URL directly into my browser I get a bunch of jibberish. It does look like it's gzip-compressed... I disabled all my compression filters but it's still compressed, possibly by Tapestry.

Any ideas? This should in theory be working out of the box?

Thanks,
Greg

Re: Help with @ScriptIncludes

Posted by Jesse Kuhnert <jk...@gmail.com>.
No idea...It "should" be working.

The illegal character error sounds suspicious. Are you trying to use
some dojo widgets on this page and if so which ones ?

Other than that I'd probably need a test case or
something..(preferably a self contained maven2 mini app with embedded
jetty stuff so I can just run "mvn jetty:run" to get going. )

On 12/21/06, Greg.L.Cormier@servicecanada.gc.ca
<Gr...@servicecanada.gc.ca> wrote:
> Okay, in my border.html, inside my <head> I have a nice

> I view source and looks like it's working:
>
> <script type="text/javascript">djConfig = ..snip... </script>
> <script type="text/javascript" src="/pctadmin/app?service=asset&path=%2Fdojo%2Fdojo.js"></script>
> ...snip a few more script tags ...
>

> However, I'm getting an error on the first dojo.js include..
>
> Error: illegal character
> Source File: http://peanut/pctadmin/app?service=asset&path=%2Fdojo%2Fdojo.js
> Line: 1
> Source Code:
> <
>
> if I paste that URL directly into my browser I get a bunch of jibberish. It does look like it's gzip-compressed... I disabled all my compression filters but it's still compressed, possibly by Tapestry.
>
> Any ideas? This should in theory be working out of the box?
>
> Thanks,
> Greg

Jesse Kuhnert
Tapestry/Dojo team member/developer