Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by Ning Li <Ni...@businessobjects.com> on 2006/08/18 19:24:41 UTC

Master/Slave topology in 4.1

Hi,

I have a question about JDBC Master/Slave in 4.1.

In Active 4.0, each broker has its own DB, the Slave has to duplicate
the states of the Master in order to take over, how about the JDBC
Master/Slave in 4.1? Does the Slave still duplicate the states of the
Master, or it just get all the information from DB when it becomes the
Master, as the brokers share the same DB, all the state can be recovered
from the DB except some non-persistent messages will get lost.

Thanks.

Re: Master/Slave topology in 4.1

Posted by chanaka <ch...@cboe.com>.
thanks much

Chanaka

Posted by James Strachan <ja...@gmail.com>.

Posted by chanaka <ch...@cboe.com>.

Posted by James Strachan <ja...@gmail.com>.

Posted by chanaka <ch...@cboe.com>.

Posted by James Strachan <ja...@gmail.com>.

Posted by James Strachan <ja...@gmail.com>.
On 8/21/06, Ning Li <Ni...@businessobjects.com> wrote:
> Thanks for the reply.
>
> In this link http://www.activemq.com/site/masterslave.html, it mentioned
> that "in ActiveMQ 4.1 or later you can use a <masterconnector> ...", but
> if slave won't replicate master's state, I guess that config element is
> not needed, right?

That element is not used for JDBC master/slave.

Pure Master/Slave is different to JDBC Master/Slave and Shared File
System Master/Slave. <masterConnector> only applies to pure
Master/Slave

--

James
-------
http://radio.weblogs.com/0112098/

RE: Master/Slave topology in 4.1

> I have a question about JDBC Master/Slave in 4.1.

> In Active 4.0, each broker has its own DB, the Slave has to duplicate

> the states of the Master in order to take over, how about the JDBC

> Master/Slave in 4.1? Does the Slave still duplicate the states of the

> Master, or it just get all the information from DB when it becomes the

> Master, as the brokers share the same DB, all the state can be
recovered

> from the DB except some non-persistent messages will get lost.

The latter - the slave just grabs and locks the database that the

master is using.

--

James

-------