Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by "Lalaine L." <la...@partnerhunt.io> on 2020/01/10 01:47:45 UTC

Re: CloudStack Interview Request

Hi Giles! I hope you are having a wonderful day :) This is just a quick
email to see if you've had a chance to answer the interview questions
(see below) from our previous email? We're just trying to organize our
publishing schedule for this month, so if you could let me know when you
think you could get your responses back to me, that would be great! The
sooner the better :)

Really looking forward to reading your answers.

Best.

Lalaine

On 2020-01-03 13:30, Lalaine L. wrote:

> [...]
>
> In terms of the audience you'll be speaking to, it's composed of people in the open source space who are interested in learning how to develop, grow and maintain their open source projects.
>
> ----------------------------- *** INTERVIEW BELOW *** ----------------------------
>
> * First of all, thank you for taking the time to chat with our blog audience today about your experience running Apache CloudStack. Can you kick off the interview by introducing our readers to what Apache CloudStack does, as well as tell us a little more about your history as an open source project?
>
> * You've come a long way. Recently you were featured on TechRadar as one of the best laaS platforms in 2020. How have media mentions like this played a role in Apache CloudStack's growth? What has been your approach when it comes to getting media and blog mentions?
>
> * What have been the top three growth / awareness channels for Apache CloudStack?
>
> * I notice on your website under the "get involved" page you mention that you're looking for people to help with marketing and awareness. How have these more grassroots marketing initiatives panned out for you? Any major lessons learnt along the way you'd like to share with our readers?
>
> * From a marketing standpoint, what are the primary differences between promoting an open source project vs a closed source projects? Tell us a bit more about the advantages and disadvantages in terms of marketing an open source project (examples here would be helpful).
>
> * Tell us a little bit more about your most successful community building initiatives. You're in a highly technical niche which I'm sure narrows your community building possibilities to some degree. However, most open source projects are heavily dependent on the health of their community. In your earliest days how did you go about building up your community and awareness about your project?
>
> * How have your community building activities changed over time? Where are you putting the majority of your community building efforts today?
>
> * For you, what's the most exciting thing about being involved in Apache CloudStack?
>
> * Knowing what you know now, if you had the opportunity to go back in time and talk to a younger version of yourself about what it takes to manage and grow an open source project, what three pieces of advice would you give to your younger self?
>
> On 2019-12-30 04:26, Giles Sirett wrote:
>
>> Hi Lalaine
>>
>> I'll happily progress this with you
>> Could you first please send me a link to your blog and give me an understanding of its audience and purpose
>>
>> Kind regards
>> Giles
>>
>> giles.sirett@shapeblue.com
>> www.shapeblue.com [1]
>> Amadeus House, Floral Street, London  WC2E 9DPUK

Links:
------
[1] http://www.shapeblue.com
[2] https://erxes.io/

Re: CloudStack Interview Request

Posted by "Lalaine L." <la...@partnerhunt.io>.
> [...]

> * How have your community building activities changed over time? Where are you putting the majority of your community building efforts today?
>
> * For you, what's the most exciting thing about being involved in Apache CloudStack?
>
> * Knowing what you know now, if you had the opportunity to go back in time and talk to a younger version of yourself about what it takes to manage and grow an open source project, what three pieces of advice would you give to your younger self?
>
> On 2019-12-30 04:26, Giles Sirett wrote:
> Hi Lalaine
>
> I'll happily progress this with you
> Could you first please send me a link to your blog and give me an understanding of its audience and purpose

Links:
------
[1] http://www.shapeblue.com
[2] https://erxes.io/