Posted to user@openmeetings.apache.org by "absdou24@gmail.com" <ab...@gmail.com> on 2014/05/08 14:43:45 UTC

About Stress testing of om 2.1

Dear friend:
    Need help for stress test.
Server: windows 7.Mysql 5.6 they are in the same PC
Client: thre are 10-20 browsers in 5 PC  to simulate   participants,so we can join on conference room in number 30- 50
 Resulst: when there are about 39 more or less   participants in this room ,any others  is joining
the  page of room will take more than 1min to show and it shows noly whiteboard and there is no video.
but the server's CPU and memory are in  low load (CPU  20%-30%   MEM  50%-60%)
For exclude the factor of network ,all PC are in the localnetwork.
the scripts of startup is as below and the  red.properties  please check in the attachment.
export JAVA_OPTS="-Xrs -Xms512M -Xmx3096M -Xss128K -XX:NewSize=256m -XX:SurvivorRatio=16 -XX:MinHeapFreeRatio=20 -XX:+ExplicitGCInvokesConcurrent -Djava.net.preferIPv4Stack=true -Xverify:none"
echo Running High Performance Red5

I am confused why the CPU and MEM are not increased wiht the more paticipants?
and  why more participants  joined the restricted room cant see the video?

Helllllllllllllllllllllllllllllp! thanks a looooooooooooooooot!

Re: About Stress testing of om 2.1

Posted by Maxim Solodovnik <so...@gmail.com>.
I'm afraid the most issues are on the client side :(
Room enter operations are "blocking" this is why room enter took as much
time :(
Upcoming 3.1.0 should be more responsible (I really hope so)

--
WBR
Maxim aka solomax