Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by baz themail <ba...@gmail.com> on 2008/09/17 23:38:57 UTC

Can i move the tags directory?

Hi,

I am trying to re-factor my repository. Here is the current structure:

software
   /branches
   /tags
   /trunk

Can I re-factor into the followings?

software
   /product_a
       /branches
       /tags
       /trunk

How? I am concerning the tags directory. Can i just "move" all three
directories? What is the best way to do so?

Thanks.

B.

Re: Can i move the tags directory?

Posted by Andreas Schweigstill <an...@schweigstill.de>.
Hello!

Andy Levy schrieb:
> Please Reply To All to keep discussion on-list.
>
> On Wed, Sep 17, 2008 at 19:58, baz themail <ba...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> So, I can move&commit the tags directory just like another directory?
>
> There are no "special" directories in a Subversion repository - tags,
> trunk & branches are just a naming convention and you could call them
> Manny, Moe & Jack and Subversion wouldn't care. So just move them like
> any other file or directory.

On some systems it has to be taken into account that the repository
structure may be reflected into some hook scripts. This way it can be
possible to create tags but not to modify or delete them afterwards.

If the OP set-up his Subversion server by himself I am very sure that
no such means have been implemented. ;-)

Regards
Andreas Schweigstill

--
Dipl.-Phys. Andreas Schweigstill