Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Ingo Reinhart <i....@dung.de> on 2005/05/17 09:54:44 UTC

sa-learn on other server than spamd

Hello!

I want to use sa-learn on a diffrent server than spamd is running. How can I
tell sa-learn to connect to the right spamd?

Ingo

Re: sa-learn on other server than spamd

Posted by da...@umiacs.umd.edu.
On Wed, 18 May 2005, Stephen M. Przepiora wrote:

> What I currently do is install the same version of SA on the other machine,
> use sa-learn, and then do a backup. I then go to the other machine and do a
> restore. This seems to work great.
>
> Steve
>
> Ingo Reinhart wrote:
>
>> Hello!
>>
>> I want to use sa-learn on a diffrent server than spamd is running. How can
>> I tell sa-learn to connect to the right spamd?

Or similarly, have the SA sw and mail files NFSmounted to another
machine. This way, there's no need to syncronize two machines with
the data. We have a mailserver that people can't login to except
via pop/imap. They can however login to the machine that NFSmounts
the aforementioned files and they can sa-learn and diddle their files
to their hearts content.   Another option to look at here (if you want
your users to login to a single machine) is to wrap sa-learn to ssh
to the other host and run. (Of course, then you have to deal with
the lower level of security of people being able to ssh w/out passwd
to the other machine)

  =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-  generated by /dev/dave -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
  David Stern                                    University of Maryland
            Institute for Advanced Computer Studies

Re: sa-learn on other server than spamd

Posted by "Stephen M. Przepiora" <sm...@ncoastsoft.com>.

Posted by Michael Parker <pa...@pobox.com>.

Re: sa-learn on other server than spamd

Posted by Ingo Reinhart <i....@dung.de>.
Thanks, Matt!

Yes, your right. I have it exacliy you discribe. With SQL....

My only problem was to get the right message. But it's solved. All running
up.

Ingo

Posted by Matt Kettler <mk...@evi-inc.com>.