Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Jitendra Ch <ji...@hotmail.com> on 2007/05/24 15:25:26 UTC

Need Help Restoring a Seesion after session time-out

Hi to all            Can  One of you help me how to make a session alive, because my session is getting expired after the time mentioned in the web.xmlWith regardsJitendra Ch
The idiot box is no longer passe!
http://content.msn.co.in/Entertainment/TV/Default.aspx

Re: Need Help Restoring a Seesion after session time-out

Posted by domenico di leo <do...@gmail.com>.
I suppose you use a servlet to set the session, you can use

session.setMaxInactiveInterval(time)
where the variable time points out how many second  you want to keep
alive your session.
e.g. time=60*60 =1h.

However you should set a reasonable time interval, you can't keep
alive your session for ever , otherwise your server could goes down