Posted to user@forrest.apache.org by Victor Okunev <ve...@gmail.com> on 2006/03/21 03:19:25 UTC

last published date is always current

Hi all,

I just noticed that on my Forrest-based website (www.bctrikes.com),
the "Last Published" date always shows the current date/time as if the
server "touches" the document before sending it to the browser. While
I am trying to get a response from my web hosting company, I wonder if
anyone can suggest the easiest way to capture the date/time at the
site generation time and embed it in the page directly without having
to call this JavaScript:

<script type="text/javascript"><!--
document.write("<text>Last Published:</text> " + document.lastModified);
//  --></script>

As my website is not multilingual, I am not that concerned with
localized date/time formatting.

Cheers,

Victor