Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Geoff Callender <ge...@gmail.com> on 2012/06/12 15:16:37 UTC

Re: Official jboss support

In response to Jon's rant I have re-tested every JumpStart version from 5.4 to 5.10, with OpenEJB, JBoss, Glassfish, and Tomcat, with HSQL, Derby, and MySQL. Yes, sorry, I found some flaws had crept in to some combinations, and I believe I have addressed them: I've updated all instructions on the site and, to fix the support of MySQL (its issues were a bit too tricky to handle with instructions alone) I've released a new version, 5.10.1.

Please, if anyone finds something doesn't work, or finds the instructions are confusing or lacking, just drop me an email or post on this mailing list so we can get it fixed, pronto, for everyone's benefit!

Cheers,

Geoff

Re: Official jboss support

Posted by Jon Williams <wi...@gmail.com>.
Sorry no offence anyone,
I should have asked for help 1st before flipping on the rant nuerons.
Been working on my own so long I must have temporarily forgotten the
rest of the world that exisits on the internet.

God knows I've created some infathomable devient/ingenius code in my
day that came sans documantation. LOL
I know this is innevitable when the push is on.

Anyhow, gave me a chance to build the version of Jetty that my hosting
service supports. Suprise, suprise, building Jetty is a far larger
pain than building the Jumpstart!

So really, it was 2 days of mucknig w/Jumpstart & 2 days w/Jetty

When they release my from the Psych ward I'll try again from scratch
with the latest Jumpstart, my hosting service I think is up to date
with JBoss.

Thanks All