Posted to users@nifi.apache.org by Trevor Vaughan <tv...@onyxpoint.com> on 2015/10/01 02:03:42 UTC

Re: Nifi chef/puppet recipe

Hi Chakri,

We (Onyx Point) have been working on a NiFi module on the back burner. If
there is significant interest in this, we can look into moving up as a
priority when possible.

It will be SIMP compatible, but able to be used independently.

Thanks,

Trevor

--
Trevor Vaughan
Vice President, Onyx Point, Inc

Re: Nifi chef/puppet recipe

Posted by Daryl Teo <da...@listcorp.com>.
I've had a little success using docker instead to manage this. I haven't
tried any clustering stuff, and I only used it for evaluation purposes only
so YMMV.

https://gist.github.com/anonymous/4b82da71d6605d4ca70b

This ended up being quite nice for me to do upgrades - I can add nars to
the target/bin folders, build nifi-assembly, then rebuild the docker image.
A rebuild of the docker container will upgrade the installation while
keeping the repository folders intact. Using a docker s3 data container you
could backup important files to s3 maybe (haven't tried).

Hope that helps

On Thu, Oct 1, 2015 at 10:21 AM, Trevor Vaughan <tv...@onyxpoint.com>
wrote:

> [...]
> on various hosts in different environments. One step at a time though.
>
> If anyone is interesting in helping to sponsor the development, please let
> me know.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Trevor
>
> On Wed, Sep 30, 2015 at 8:18 PM, Chakrader Dewaragatla <
> Chakrader.Dewaragatla@lifelock.com> wrote:
>
>> Great! . Thanks Trevor. Keep me posted. We are interested in a module
>> that support standalone and cluster setup.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> -Chakri
>>
>> From: Trevor Vaughan <tv...@onyxpoint.com>
>> Date: Wednesday, September 30, 2015 at 5:03 PM
>> To: "users@nifi.apache.org" <us...@nifi.apache.org>
>> Subject: Re: Nifi chef/puppet recipe
>>
>> Hi Chakri,
>>
>> We (Onyx Point) have been working on a NiFi module on the back burner. If
>> there is significant interest in this, we can look into moving up as a
>> priority when possible.
>>
>> It will be SIMP compatible, but able to be used independently.
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Trevor
>>
>> On Wed, Sep 30, 2015 at 6:07 PM, Chakrader Dewaragatla <
>> Chakrader.Dewaragatla@lifelock.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Nifi Users – Does Nifi have chef or puppet recipes available  ? I tried
>>> google, no results.
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> -Chakri
>>> ------------------------------
>>> The information contained in this transmission may contain privileged
>>> and confidential information. It is intended only for the use of the
>>> person(s) named above. If you are not the intended recipient, you are
>>> hereby notified that any review, dissemination, distribution or duplication
>>> of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended
>>> recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies
>>> of the original message.
>>> ------------------------------
>>>

>> --
>> Trevor Vaughan
>> Vice President, Onyx Point, Inc
>> (410) 541-6699
>>
>> -- This account not approved for unencrypted proprietary information --
>> ------------------------------
>> The information contained in this transmission may contain privileged and
>> confidential information. It is intended only for the use of the person(s)
>> named above. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified
>> that any review, dissemination, distribution or duplication of this
>> communication is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended
>> recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies
>> of the original message.
>> ------------------------------
>>

> --
> Trevor Vaughan
> Vice President, Onyx Point, Inc
> (410) 541-6699
>
> -- This account not approved for unencrypted proprietary information --

*Daryl Teo*

Tech Lead

122 Cremorne Street
Richmond VIC 3121
Australia

*T   *+61 (3)8669 1821
*M * +61 (0)432 413 752

www.listcorp.com

This email (including any attachments) is confidential and may be
privileged. It may be read, copied and used only by the intended recipient.
return email. Please then delete both emails and do not disclose their
contents to any person. We believe, but do not warrant, that this email and
any attachments are virus free. You should take full responsibility for
virus checking. Listcorp. reserves the right to monitor all email
communications. If the content of this email is personal or unconnected
with our business, we accept no liability or responsibility for it.

Re: Nifi chef/puppet recipe

Posted by Trevor Vaughan <tv...@onyxpoint.com>.

Re: Nifi chef/puppet recipe

Posted by Chakrader Dewaragatla <Ch...@lifelock.com>.

From: Trevor Vaughan <tv...@onyxpoint.com>>
Date: Wednesday, September 30, 2015 at 5:03 PM
To: "users@nifi.apache.org<ma...@nifi.apache.org>" <us...@nifi.apache.org>>
Subject: Re: Nifi chef/puppet recipe

On Wed, Sep 30, 2015 at 6:07 PM, Chakrader Dewaragatla <Ch...@lifelock.com>> wrote:
Nifi Users – Does Nifi have chef or puppet recipes available  ? I tried google, no results.

Thanks,
-Chakri
The information contained in this transmission may contain privileged and confidential information. It is intended only for the use of the person(s) named above. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any review, dissemination, distribution or duplication of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.