Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by vineet daniel <vi...@gmail.com> on 2010/09/04 08:35:36 UTC

servers for cassandra

Hi

I am just curious to know if there is any hosting company that provides
servers at a very low cost, wherein I can install cassandra on WAN. I have
cassandra setup in my LAN and want to test it in real conditions, taking
dedicated servers just for testing purposes is not at all feasible for me
not even pay-as-you go types. I'd really appreciate if anybody can share
information on such hosting providers.

Vineet Daniel
Cell          : +918106217121
Websites :
Blog <http://vinetedaniel.blogspot.com>   |
Linkedin<http://in.linkedin.com/in/vineetdaniel>

Re: servers for cassandra

Posted by Fatih Piristine <fa...@gmail.com>.
you can get a vps and configure it to run cassandra. i guess it will be
cheaper. max 40$ /month

Re: servers for cassandra

Posted by samal gorai <sa...@gmail.com>.

Re: servers for cassandra

Posted by Peter Fales <Pe...@alcatel-lucent.com>.
Have you looked into Amazon's EC2?   That's worked quite well for us.
I haven't looked into other alternatives enough to know how it would
compare for a 24/7 "production" application, but Amazon's "pay as you go"
system is really nice when you just need to bunch of machines for a
few hours of testing.

--
Peter Fales
Alcatel-Lucent