Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Carlos Araya <ca...@cvc.edu> on 2002/05/09 03:03:39 UTC

Problems viewing a second file

Good afternoon:

I'm having the following problem. I can view a first file when I remove the
work directory and restart Cocoon. However when I try to view a second file
it returns with a NPE listed below.  Is there anything I'm not doing? Or
doing wrong?  Should I post the sitemap?

Carlos

Cocoon 2 - Internal server error

type fatal

message Exception during processing of
file:/usr/local/tomcat/webapps/cocoon/writing/docs/samples.xml

description org.apache.cocoon.ProcessingException: Exception during
processing of
file:/usr/local/tomcat/webapps/cocoon/writing/docs/samples.xml:
java.io.FileNotFoundException:
/usr/local/tomcat/webapps/cocoon/writing/docs/samples.xml (No such file or
directory)

source Cocoon servlet

request-uri

/cocoon/writing/welcome

path-info

writing/welcome

stack-trace

org.apache.cocoon.ProcessingException: Exception during processing of
file:/usr/local/tomcat/webapps/cocoon/writing/docs/samples.xml:
java.io.FileNotFoundException:
/usr/local/tomcat/webapps/cocoon/writing/docs/samples.xml (No such file or
directory)
    at
org.apache.cocoon.components.source.AbstractStreamSource.toSAX(AbstractStrea
mSource.java:211)
    at
org.apache.cocoon.generation.FileGenerator.generate(FileGenerator.java:142)
    at
org.apache.cocoon.components.pipeline.CachingEventPipeline.process(CachingEv
entPipeline.java:251)
    at
org.apache.cocoon.components.pipeline.CachingStreamPipeline.process(CachingS
treamPipeline.java:399)
    at
org.apache.cocoon.www.file_.usr.local.tomcat.webapps.cocoon.writing.sitemap_
xmap.matchd0e27(/usr/local/tomcat/work/localhost/cocoon/cocoon-files/org/apa
che/cocoon/www/file_/usr/local/tomcat/webapps/cocoon/writing/sitemap_xmap.ja
va:562)
    at
org.apache.cocoon.www.file_.usr.local.tomcat.webapps.cocoon.writing.sitemap_
xmap.process(/usr/local/tomcat/work/localhost/cocoon/cocoon-files/org/apache
/cocoon/www/file_/usr/local/tomcat/webapps/cocoon/writing/sitemap_xmap.java:
405)
    at
org.apache.cocoon.www.file_.usr.local.tomcat.webapps.cocoon.writing.sitemap_
xmap.process(/usr/local/tomcat/work/localhost/cocoon/cocoon-files/org/apache
/cocoon/www/file_/usr/local/tomcat/webapps/cocoon/writing/sitemap_xmap.java:
342)
    at org.apache.cocoon.sitemap.Handler.process(Handler.java:222)
    at org.apache.cocoon.sitemap.Manager.invoke(Manager.java:179)
    at
org.apache.cocoon.www.file_.usr.local.tomcat.webapps.cocoon.sitemap_xmap.mat
chd0e479(/usr/local/tomcat/work/localhost/cocoon/cocoon-files/org/apache/coc
oon/www/file_/usr/local/tomcat/webapps/cocoon/sitemap_xmap.java:4050)
    at
org.apache.cocoon.www.file_.usr.local.tomcat.webapps.cocoon.sitemap_xmap.pro
cess(/usr/local/tomcat/work/localhost/cocoon/cocoon-files/org/apache/cocoon/
www/file_/usr/local/tomcat/webapps/cocoon/sitemap_xmap.java:3184)
    at
org.apache.cocoon.www.file_.usr.local.tomcat.webapps.cocoon.sitemap_xmap.pro
cess(/usr/local/tomcat/work/localhost/cocoon/cocoon-files/org/apache/cocoon/
www/file_/usr/local/tomcat/webapps/cocoon/sitemap_xmap.java:3091)
    at org.apache.cocoon.sitemap.Handler.process(Handler.java:222)
    at org.apache.cocoon.sitemap.Manager.invoke(Manager.java:179)
    at
org.apache.cocoon.sitemap.SitemapManager.process(SitemapManager.java:154)
    at
org.apache.cocoon.servlet.CocoonServlet.service(CocoonServlet.java:998)
    at
FilterChain.java:247)
    at
ain.java:193)
    at
va:243)
    at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:5
66)
    at
    at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBase.java:943)
    at
va:201)
    at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:5
66)
    at
org.apache.catalina.valves.CertificatesValve.invoke(CertificatesValve.java:2
46)
    at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:5
64)
    at
    at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBase.java:943)
    at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.invoke(StandardContext.java:2344)
    at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:164
)
    at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:5
66)
    at
java:170)
    at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:5
64)
    at
org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:170
)
    at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:5
64)
    at
org.apache.catalina.valves.AccessLogValve.invoke(AccessLogValve.java:462)
    at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:5
64)
    at
    at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBase.java:943)
    at
:163)
    at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:5
66)
    at
    at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBase.java:943)
    at
1011)
    at
org.apache.catalina.connector.http.HttpProcessor.run(HttpProcessor.java:1106
)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:536)
Caused by: java.io.FileNotFoundException:
/usr/local/tomcat/webapps/cocoon/writing/docs/samples.xml (No such file or
directory)
    at java.io.FileInputStream.(FileInputStream.java:103)
    at
org.apache.cocoon.components.source.FileSource.getInputStream(FileSource.jav
a:140)
    at
org.apache.cocoon.components.source.AbstractStreamSource.getInputSource(Abst
ractStreamSource.java:161)
    at
org.apache.cocoon.components.source.AbstractStreamSource.toSAX(AbstractStrea
mSource.java:206)
    ... 47 more
[...]

Carlos E. Araya
---+ WebCT Administrator/Trainer
 P | California Virtual Campus
 - | C/O De Anza College
 G | 21250 Stevens Creek Blvd
---+ Cupertino, CA 95014

email               carlos@cvc.edu
web                 http://www.cvc1.org/ (work)
                    http://www.silverwolf-net.net (personal)
phone               408 257 0420 (work)
PGP Fingerprint:    E629 5DFD 7EAE 4995 E9D7  3D2F 5A9F 0CE7 DFE7 1756

Three things are certain:
Death, taxes, and lost data.
Guess which has occurred.

RE: Dynamic sql in xsp

Posted by Vadim Gritsenko <va...@verizon.net>.
> From: Stephen Ng [mailto:stephen.ng@verizon.net]
>
> I need some advice.
>
> I have an xsp which is using esql.  The query in the esql is
dynamically
> generated (based upon the request string).  I use cinclude to inject
the
> dynamic sql into the esql element.  Something like this:
>
> <esql:execute-query>
>   <esql:query>
>     <cinclude:include src="cocoon://sql/generateSomeSql.sql"/>
>   </esql:query>
>
> So, I have an xsp that is dynamic.
>
> This work just peachy.
>
> Problem is, it's slow--the java compiler has to rebuild the xsp every

Of course it's slow :)

> time the sql changes, which is costing me 1/2 a second (and is pretty
> pointless, it's only the string that is changing).
>
> How can I get the xsp to load the string in some other way, so I that
> can use a static xsp, and not have the compilation overhead?

Why not generate SQL string *in* this XSP? That's would give the best
performance.

Or, other way is to obtain this SQL string into String programmatically,
without using include.

Vadim

Dynamic sql in xsp

Posted by Stephen Ng <st...@verizon.net>.
I need some advice.

I have an xsp which is using esql.  The query in the esql is dynamically
generated (based upon the request string).  I use cinclude to inject the
dynamic sql into the esql element.  Something like this:

<esql:execute-query>
  <esql:query>
    <cinclude:include src="cocoon://sql/generateSomeSql.sql"/>
  </esql:query>

So, I have an xsp that is dynamic.

This work just peachy.

Problem is, it's slow--the java compiler has to rebuild the xsp every
time the sql changes, which is costing me 1/2 a second (and is pretty
pointless, it's only the string that is changing).

How can I get the xsp to load the string in some other way, so I that I

RE: Problems viewing a second file

Posted by Vadim Gritsenko <va...@verizon.net>.
> From: Carlos Araya [mailto:carlos@cvc.edu]
>
> Vadim:
>
> Sorry, I was thinking of something else.  Yes, the file is in the
indicated
> directory.  Furthermore, if I restart Tomcat I can access the file
without a
> problem.
>
> Could the problem be caused by using JDK 1.4?

Don't know. Not sure.

Vadim

Posted by Carlos Araya <ca...@cvc.edu>.
Vadim:

> [...]

>> www/file_/usr/local/tomcat/webapps/cocoon/sitemap_xmap.java:3091)
>>     at org.apache.cocoon.sitemap.Handler.process(Handler.java:222)
>>     at org.apache.cocoon.sitemap.Manager.invoke(Manager.java:179)
>>     at
>>
> org.apache.cocoon.sitemap.SitemapManager.process(SitemapManager.java:154
> )
>>     at org.apache.cocoon.Cocoon.process(Cocoon.java:575)

Carlos E. Araya
---+ WebCT Administrator/Trainer
 P | California Virtual Campus
 - | C/O De Anza College
 G | 21250 Stevens Creek Blvd
---+ Cupertino, CA 95014

email               carlos@cvc.edu
web                 http://www.cvc1.org/ (work)
                    http://www.silverwolf-net.net (personal)
phone               408 257 0420 (work)
PGP Fingerprint:    E629 5DFD 7EAE 4995 E9D7  3D2F 5A9F 0CE7 DFE7 1756

"If there is artificial intelligence, doesn't that imply there is also
artificial stupidity!"

RE: Problems viewing a second file

Posted by Vadim Gritsenko <va...@verizon.net>.
> From: Carlos Araya [mailto:carlos@cvc.edu]
>
> Good afternoon:
>
> I'm having the following problem. I can view a first file when I
remove the
> work directory and restart Cocoon. However when I try to view a second
file
> it returns with a NPE listed below.  Is there anything I'm not doing?
Or

Carlos,

NPE stands for NullPointerException. I fail to see it in your
stacktrace.

> java.io.FileNotFoundException:
> /usr/local/tomcat/webapps/cocoon/writing/docs/samples.xml (No such
file or
> directory)

Do you have this file?

Vadim

> [...]
>     at

org.apache.cocoon.www.file_.usr.local.tomcat.webapps.cocoon.sitemap_xmap
.pro

cess(/usr/local/tomcat/work/localhost/cocoon/cocoon-files/org/apache/coc
oon/
> www/file_/usr/local/tomcat/webapps/cocoon/sitemap_xmap.java:3091)
>     at org.apache.cocoon.sitemap.Handler.process(Handler.java:222)
>     at org.apache.cocoon.sitemap.Manager.invoke(Manager.java:179)
>     at

org.apache.cocoon.sitemap.SitemapManager.process(SitemapManager.java:154
)
>     at org.apache.cocoon.Cocoon.process(Cocoon.java:575)
>     at

org.apache.cocoon.servlet.CocoonServlet.service(CocoonServlet.java:998)
>     at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:853)

tion
> FilterChain.java:247)
>     at

erCh
> ain.java:193)
>     at

e.ja
> va:243)
>     at

org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.ja
va:5
> 66)
>     at

org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(StandardPipeline.java:4
72)
>     at
org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBase.java:943)
>     at

e.ja
> va:201)
>     at

org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.ja
va:5
> 66)
>     at

org.apache.catalina.valves.CertificatesValve.invoke(CertificatesValve.ja
va:2
> 46)
>     at

org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.ja
va:5
> 64)
>     at

org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(StandardPipeline.java:4
72)
>     at
org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBase.java:943)
>     at

org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.invoke(StandardContext.java:234
4)
>     at

:164
> )
>     at

org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.ja
va:5
> 66)
>     at

org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorDispatcherValve.invoke(ErrorDispatcherVa
lve.
> java:170)
>     at

org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.ja
va:5
> 64)
>     at

:170
> )
>     at

org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.ja
va:5
> 64)
>     at

org.apache.catalina.valves.AccessLogValve.invoke(AccessLogValve.java:462
)
>     at

org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.ja
va:5
> 64)
>     at

org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(StandardPipeline.java:4
72)
>     at
org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBase.java:943)
>     at

java