Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Brian McGovern <bm...@imediainc.com> on 2005/05/08 01:47:17 UTC

Quartz Scheduler with Struts

I need to set up a bunch of jobs that monitor various pieces of my struts app.  I decided to use Quartz but am wondering if anyone has experience with setting up quartz to run in struts.  I'm guessing this would be achieved with by either writing a plugin class to be started from struts-config.xml, or by setting up a Quartz servlet.  Can anyone get me started in the right direction and lemme know of things to watch out for?

thanks

Re: Quartz Scheduler with Struts

Posted by Joe Germuska <Jo...@Germuska.com>.
At 7:47 PM -0400 5/7/05, Brian McGovern wrote:
>I need to set up a bunch of jobs that monitor various pieces of my
>struts app.  I decided to use Quartz but am wondering if anyone has
>experience with setting up quartz to run in struts.  I'm guessing
>this would be achieved with by either writing a plugin class to be
>started from struts-config.xml, or by setting up a Quartz servlet.
>Can anyone get me started in the right direction and lemme know of
>things to watch out for?

One of my colleagues wrote a plug-in to do just this; you can get it
from http://demo.jgsullivan.com/struts, and a related library from
http://demo.jgsullivan.com/quartz

On the other hand, this is not under active maintenance; you might
also want to look into using Spring, which supports scheduling using
both TimerTask and Quartz.

http://springframework.org

Joe

--
Joe Germuska
Joe@Germuska.com

Re: AW: Quartz Scheduler with Struts

Posted by "Vic Cekvenich (netsql)" <ce...@gmail.com>.
if you google, there are many good articles. 1.5 has JMX built in. (ot:
hivemine ioc has jmx built in)

.V

Posted by Marco Mistroni <mm...@waersystems.com>.
Hello,
	Wrap your app in a MBean (if you are new to JMX, go for Standard
MBean)...
But much depends on what you want to do..
You may subscribe to JMX-forum@java.sun.com , you'll find more help ..

Regards
	marco

Posted by Zsolt Koppany <zk...@intland.com>.

Posted by "Vic Cekvenich (netsql)" <ce...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Günther Wieser <gw...@creative-it.com>.
i added quartz to my struts app lately, used a servlet context listener to
start quartz.

kr,
guenther