Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Coty Sutherland <cs...@apache.org> on 2017/06/08 14:20:49 UTC

Re: Tomact 7.x - Subscription

Hello,

On Thu, Jun 8, 2017 at 9:10 AM, Mahajan, Arvind <Ar...@vwfs.com>
wrote:

> Hi
>

> I am new to tomcat , considering evaluation of Tomcat vs. JBOSS EAP in my
> new application hosting requirement.
>
> My application vendor support both (Tomcat & JBOSS) middle ware
>

> Operating system - RHEL *6.9 and 7.3* on which Tomcat 7 will be installed
> (refer below screen shot)
>

> *Questions *
>
> ·         Does tomcat 7.x works on RHEL *6.9 and 7.3* (see below yellow
> mark)?

Yes

> ·         Pls share Operating support matrix for tomcat.

There is no operating system support matrix for Tomcat. It is written in
Java, which is platform agnostic, so as long as it has the required Java
version (which can be found at http://tomcat.apache.org/whichversion.html for
each Tomcat version) it will work. The only part of Tomcat that has any
platform dependencies other than Java is tomcat-native, which requires APR
and OpenSSL (if you use TLS).

> ·         Help me to know do I have to pay money for subscription to get
> your support on configuration , installation, get vulnerabilities fixes ,
> troubleshooting in problem ?
>
> ·         Benefit of Subscription ?

There is no subscription to use Apache Tomcat as it is Free and Open Source
Software. Support for Apache Tomcat from the community is provided by
volunteers via this users list and/or IRC, but responses are not always
immediate. If you wanted to pay for support (which guarantees support
whenever you need it), then you could use the Tomcat package provided by
your Linux distribution (in the case of RHEL).