Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Markus Jostock <ma...@softwareag.com> on 2008/11/03 17:25:50 UTC

Dependency of sibling project / module not found

Dear all

I have a parent project 'proj' which contains two sub projects: 'core'
and 'tools'.

core depends on tools. tools is built first. core and tools have a child
relationship to the parent 'proj'.

When running 'mvn package'  in the parent project,  everything builds
fine. no problem.

But when running 'mvn package' in the sub-project 'core', maven tries to
find the tools libraries on the web and refuses to build because it
cannot find the tools-1.0-SNAPSHOT library:

Missing:
----------
1) my.project:tools:jar:1.0-SNAPSHOT

  Then, install it using the command:
      mvn install:install-file -DgroupId=my.project -DartifactId=tools
-Dversion=1.0-SNAPSHOT -Dpackaging=jar -Dfile=/p
ath/to/file

there:
      mvn deploy:deploy-file -DgroupId=my.project -DartifactId=tools
-Dversion=1.0-SNAPSHOT -Dpackaging=jar -Dfile=/pat
h/to/file -Durl=[url] -DrepositoryId=[id]

  Path to dependency:
        1) my.project:core:jar:1.0-SNAPSHOT
        2) my.project:tools:jar:1.0-SNAPSHOT

Could anyone guess what I did wrong with my dependency definitions?

Many thanks!

 Markus

The parent POM:
====================================