Posted to dev@flume.apache.org by Kazz y <ka...@gmail.com> on 2013/07/11 04:44:57 UTC

Reliability of Flume

Hi,

There is something I want to confirm about the Flume-ng(1.3.1)'s policy.

Are there any risks to runs the Flume agent continuously?
Whether there is the source data or not, do you recommend that you stop the
Flume on a regular basis?

I had a similar query to the Flume User List before, (
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/flume-user/201307.mbox/%3cCAPbOs9uMFZsQFw_hrk-O-qy0c=wL7=oT7Sw29Fiff7-0rh_K-Q@mail.gmail.com%3e
)

but I want to confilm from a developer's point of view just in case.

Thanks.

Re: Reliability of Flume

Posted by Alexander Alten-Lorenz <wg...@gmail.com>.
There is no risk. Flume listen on the given sources and wait.

Regards

--
Alexander Alten-Lorenz
http://mapredit.blogspot.com