Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by Arthur Zubarev <ar...@aol.com> on 2014/10/04 03:03:56 UTC

Re: Indexes Fragmentation

Hello Rob,

    I now see I had misspelled the word tall for toll, anyways, if I    understood correctly, your reply implies there is no impact    whatsoever and there is no need to defrug indexes of the frequently    changing columns.

Am I right?

Thank you!

Regards,

Arthur

Posted by Robert Coli <rc...@eventbrite.com>.
On Fri, Oct 3, 2014 at 6:03 PM, Arthur Zubarev <ar...@aol.com>
wrote:

> I now see I had misspelled the word tall for toll, anyways, if I
> understood correctly, your reply implies there is no impact whatsoever and
> there is no need to defrug indexes of the frequently changing columns.

"Cases with lots of secondary indexes which have a lot of churn are not
well suited for a database with immutable datafiles which wants to be
accessed by Primary Key."

The fragmentation is really bad, because the data files are immutable and
you have a lot of churn. Probably don't do it?

=Rob