Posted to qa@openoffice.apache.org by Yuzhen Fan <fa...@gmail.com> on 2013/05/13 12:54:22 UTC

[QA][Test Report] Weekly Status Update as of 20130511

Hi All,
We started doing the AOO 4.0 Full Regression test last week, here is the
weekly update (5/4 - 5/11), please find more detail statistics in wiki:
http://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/QA/Report/AOOFullRegressonRport#Overall_Test_Execution

Test execution: we have assigned 465 text executions to about 10
volunteers, and completed about 59% in execution so far. The assigned test
cases among platforms are very different, many executions on Redhat and Mac
have not been assigned yet.
Defect summary:
1. 49 defects were opened and 12 defect were resolved last week, so we have
37(49-12) net new defect added in the backlog
2. In backlog, more than 5 thousand defects need to confirm and more than 1
thousand defects needs to verify
3. In backlog, nearly 700 - 800 defects are critical candidate defects - we
have proposed/finalized process to prioritize them for fix, that would be
our top-priority work item
Issues & quality highlight:
1. Critical defects are waiting for fix - need more Dev volunteers to
involve
2. Mac and Redhat are with risk as less testing on them - need more QA
volunteers which can provide testing on these platforms
3. QAs are reminded to make sure to perform all test cases with navigation
and accelerators, and make sure to specify defect numbers in Testlink for
failed test executions
Volunteer status: we have 10 volunteers assigned test cases on
Ubuntu/Win7/Debian, as we appreciate them for continuous testing, it would
be great to have volunteers on other platforms
Plan for next week:
1. Prioritize critical defects and assign them to Dev volunteers
2. Continue AOO 4.0 Full Regression test

Thanks you all for effort last week, let's continue and make progress this
week!

Regards,
Yu Zhen