Posted to general@jakarta.apache.org by "David M. Karr" <dk...@tcsi.com> on 2000/08/22 02:05:02 UTC

NT4;apache3.1.12;tomcat3.1: How to show demo servlets/jsps?

I've installed apache 3.1.12 and tomcat 3.1 on NT.  I've verified that
apache is running, and that I've been able to get some files from it.
I have Tomcat running.  I was able to go to the page
"http://.../servlet/default", which showed the "default Tomcat home
page".

On this page, there is a link for documentation, and one link for JSP
examples and one link for servlet examples.  The docs link appears to
work, but both of the servlets and jsp examples links fail with 404
errors, saying "File Not Found: /servlet/default/examples/servlets/"
and "File Not Found: /servlet/default/examples/jsp/".

Is there a good description of exactly what I should be able to see
out of the box?

David M. Karr     ; dkarr@tcsi.com  ; w:(425)487-8312 ; TCSI & Best Consulting
Software Engineer ; Unix/Java/C++/X ; BrainBench CJ12P (#12004)