Posted to xindice-users@xml.apache.org by Kimbro Staken <ks...@dbxmlgroup.com> on 2002/02/08 12:52:26 UTC

1.0rc1 Available

Xindice 1.0RC1 is now available for download. This is the first release
under the Xindice name and anyone still using dbXML should migrate to the
new code base. Check the readme file for help on what will need to change.
  In particular classnames and the XML:DB uris have changed.

There aren't really a lot of new features in this release as we were
planning to ship a 1.0 right before converting to an Apache project. This
just continues that process so nothing will change feature wise before we
release 1.0. Post 1.0 the doors are wide open and a lot  of things will be
changing. If you want to help out with that please join the dev list.

http://www.dbxml.org/files/xml-xindice-1.0rc1.zip
http://www.dbxml.org/files/xml-xindice-1.0rc1.tar.gz

Thanks

Kimbro Staken
XML Database Software, Consulting and Writing
http://www.xmldatabases.org/

NoSuchMethodError

Posted by Nathan Jones <nd...@chem.ubc.ca>.
I have just downloaded and successfully built Xindice 1.0rc1. However, when
I run the startup script, I get the following output:

Xindice 1.0rc1 (DarkHorse)

Database: 'db' initializing
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoSuchMethodError
        at org.apache.xindice.xml.dom.DOMParser.getSAXParser(Unknown Source)
        at org.apache.xindice.xml.dom.DOMParser.<init>(Unknown Source)
        at org.apache.xindice.xml.dom.DOMParser.toDocument(Unknown Source)
        at org.apache.xindice.core.SystemCollection.init(Unknown Source)
        at org.apache.xindice.core.Database.setConfig(Unknown Source)
        at
org.apache.xindice.server.services.XindiceService.initialize(Unknown Source)
        at
org.apache.xindice.server.standard.StdServiceManager.addService(Unknown
Source)
        at
org.apache.xindice.server.standard.StdServiceManager$1.process(Unknown
Source)
        at org.apache.xindice.util.Configuration.processChildren(Unknown
Source)
        at
org.apache.xindice.server.standard.StdServiceManager.setConfig(Unknown
Source)
        at org.apache.xindice.server.Kernel.loadAPI(Unknown Source)
        at org.apache.xindice.server.Kernel.<init>(Unknown Source)
        at org.apache.xindice.server.Xindice.main(Unknown Source)

Does anyone know what might be happening? I am using j2sdk-1.40beta3/win98.

Thanks in advance,
Nathan

Re: 1.0rc1 Available

Posted by Kimbro Staken <ks...@dbxmlgroup.com>.
The zip file made it in tact this time, so it's available now.

Re: 1.0rc1 Available

Posted by Kimbro Staken <ks...@dbxmlgroup.com>.

Re: 1.0rc1 Available