Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Kevin Benzing <ke...@sdrc.com> on 2000/02/10 15:29:05 UTC

Adding JAR files to tomcat server

Could anyone tell me where I would have to put a JAR file or what file
would have to be modified so that the tomcat server will know where to
look for and find a new JAR file.

--
Kevin Benzing
Research and Architecture

Re: Adding JAR files to tomcat server

Posted by John Thorhauer <jt...@phoenixcolor.com>.
Kevin Benzing wrote:

> Could anyone tell me where I would have to put a JAR file or what file
> would have to be modified so that the tomcat server will know where to
> look for and find a new JAR file.

Just add them to your environment class path.
--
********************************
** John Thorhauer

Re: Adding JAR files to tomcat server

Posted by Derek DeMoro <dd...@home.com>.
Just put the jar file in the tomcat\lib directory and add it to your
classpath
in tomcatenv.bat.

Posted by Danno Ferrin <sh...@earthlink.net>.
You have two options:

1) If the whole set of web-apps needs to see it, put the jar under
<JRE_HOME>/lib/ext where <JRE_HOME> is the location of where the Java
process runs.  If you are using NT w/o the JDK in the path it defaults
to hiding under "Program Files/Javasoft/..."  If you put the jdk in the
system path it defaults to "\JDK1.2.2\jre\lib\ext"   This only works
with a Java 2 JDK.

2) If only one web app uses it or multiple copies of the jar are
acceptable (or you can symlink under a unix box) then put the jars under
the WEB-INF/lib directory of the particular web app.  So for examples it
would be <TOMCAT_HOME>/webapps/examples/WEB-INF/lib where you would drop
the jar.

of course you could also add it to the system class path, but for a
large number of jars that creates a rather large classpath rather quick.