Posted to user@aries.apache.org by Matt Madhavan <ma...@gmail.com> on 2011/08/23 20:02:54 UTC

PAX Logging and dependency to Avalon and org.apache.log package

Hello,
I have couple of questions on PAX Loggiong bundles. My app works just fine
in stand alone Felix container when deployed as mvn pax:provision.

When I deploy the same to IBM WAS I getting an error saying that the
required package org.apache.log is not found (does not tell me which bundle
refers to it) and fails.

Looks like its pax loggin packages that have references to it. Do we even
need this? Also which bundle satisfies this requirement?

I find this in the Manifest.mf;

uses:="*org.apache.log*";version="4.3"

Which bundle satisfies this package?

Also
org.apache.avalon.framework.logger;*provider*=paxlogging

Sorry to be asking this question like a newbie, but what does "*provider*"
mean here?

Thanks
Matt