Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Christer Enkvist <ch...@karobio.se> on 2002/08/16 09:35:13 UTC

Is Bug 10781 (pdf viewing in IE) really solved?

Hi!

I wonder if Bug 10781 (pdf viewing in IE) really is fixed, I'm running
2.0.40 and from certain clients the following happens:

When viewing pdf files originating from Apache 2.0.40 (as well as
2.0.36) servers the first pdf file will display correctly (i.e. the
first after the Acrobat Reader plugin starts).
When I try to view a second pdf (i.e. AcroRead32.exe is running) the
first page will remain grey even after completed download. However, if I
scroll down to the second page this page will be displayed as normal and
if I now scrolls back to the first page it will be (immediately)
displayed. Any suggestions why this happens?
I've reinstalled the Acrobat Reader but it didn't help.  This naturally
sounds as  a Acrobat problem but I have no problem viewing the exact
same files when feed from e.g an IIS server hence indicating that Apache
2.0.40 does something strange (or at least differently) when feeding
pdf's to an open acrobat plugin..
Best Regards,
Christer Enkvist

Re: Is Bug 10781 (pdf viewing in IE) really solved?

Posted by Alex Moon <a....@mdx.ac.uk>.
Under 2.0.39 i found that IE generally failed to load PDF from the
apache server but i have now got 2.0.40 installed and pdf read fine -
i tried what you suggest and loaded a second pdf file but this loads
fine as do the third and fourth.  Perhaps its a config problem rather
than apache itself.  What happens under another browser like
netscape?
Alex

On 16 Aug 02, at 9:35, Christer Enkvist wrote:

> Hi!
>
> I wonder if Bug 10781 (pdf viewing in IE) really is fixed, I'm running
> 2.0.40 and from certain clients the following happens:
>
> When viewing pdf files originating from Apache 2.0.40 (as well as
> 2.0.36) servers the first pdf file will display correctly (i.e. the
> first after the Acrobat Reader plugin starts).
> When I try to view a second pdf (i.e. AcroRead32.exe is running) the
> first page will remain grey even after completed download. However, if I
> scroll down to the second page this page will be displayed as normal and
> if I now scrolls back to the first page it will be (immediately)
> displayed. Any suggestions why this happens?
> I've reinstalled the Acrobat Reader but it didn't help.  This naturally
> sounds as  a Acrobat problem but I have no problem viewing the exact
> same files when feed from e.g an IIS server hence indicating that Apache
> 2.0.40 does something strange (or at least differently) when feeding
> pdf's to an open acrobat plugin..
> Best Regards,
> Christer Enkvist

Technical Manager