Posted to dev@santuario.apache.org by "Jozef Aerts - Comp.Chem.Cons. - XML4Pharma" <co...@hotmail.com> on 2003/02/18 09:25:08 UTC

Re: retrieving the digest value from an enveloped signature

I need this in a demo application about signing and verifying clinical data
form, in order to show the standardizing organization (CDISC in this case)
how they can use XML-Signature in their own standard as the signing
mechanism.

What I want to show is that if one character in the original XML changes,
one gets a totally different digest value, thus leading to an invalid
signature.

I could already resolve the first issue (retrieving the published digest
value from the Signature element), but could not find out how to
re-calculate the digest value of the original document (is it possible
anyway with the Apache implementation?)

Best regards

Jozef Aerts
Computer Chemistry Consultancy - XML4Pharma