Posted to user@guacamole.apache.org by Obuno <ob...@protonmail.com.INVALID> on 2021/03/12 10:39:21 UTC

LDAP(s) logoff's

Hi there all,

I'm testing Guacamole, all working very great. I've integrated with an LDAPS AD system and that works all well, auths are fine etc etc.
My issue is that in the occurrence of a logoff and/or session timeout, I can't find a way to send a logoff event towards the AD/LDAP.

The idea behind this requirement is to provide further Authorizations (NGFWs) using a 3rd party SSO scheme which gather users login/logoff done at AD.
Hence, users belonging to the correct guacamole tied groups pop's up, although never disappears in the SSO scheme.

Any help/idea would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks, kind regards

Re: LDAP(s) logoff's

Posted by Nick Couchman <vn...@apache.org>.
On Fri, Mar 12, 2021 at 11:14 AM Obuno <ob...@protonmail.com.invalid> wrote:

> Hi Nick,
>
> Thanks a lot for your time, and thanks to all the developers!! Amazing
> project really !! Nice to read that SSOff is around the corner.
>
> During my testings I've shuffled around with RADIUS as well, which could
> have helped me although through RADIUS Accounting, though I couldn't find
> much documentation around feasibility at all. RADIUS worked fine though.
> Would you know if there might be any "script-able" part upon Guacamole
> logon/logoff events? I could interface our SSO scheme through API calls.

Yeah, the RADIUS module does not have Accounting implemented right now,
either, so that's not going to help you much without some additional work
in implementing that.

And, at this point, there is nothing implemented for "script-able" events
for log on and log off. This is part of the goal of the SLO support, but
also would require either modifications to an existing extension, or a
separate extension.

-Nick

Re: LDAP(s) logoff's

Posted by Obuno <ob...@protonmail.com.INVALID>.
Hi Nick,

Thanks a lot for your time, and thanks to all the developers!! Amazing project really !! Nice to read that SSOff is around the corner.

During my testings I've shuffled around with RADIUS as well, which could have helped me although through RADIUS Accounting, though I couldn't find much documentation around feasibility at all. RADIUS worked fine though.
Would you know if there might be any "script-able" part upon Guacamole logon/logoff events? I could interface our SSO scheme through API calls.

Thanks again,
Kind regards,
o.

Re: LDAP(s) logoff's