Posted to user@flink.apache.org by Stefano Bortoli <s....@gmail.com> on 2016/04/08 11:28:53 UTC

Joda DateTimeSerializer

Hi to all,
we've just upgraded to Flink 1.0.0 and we had some problems with joda
DateTime serialization.
The problem was caused by Flink-3305 that removed the JavaKaffee dependency.
We had to re-add such dependency in our application and then register the
DateTime serializer in the environment:

        env.registerTypeWithKryoSerializer(DateTime.class,
JodaDateTimeSerializer.class );

and in the pom.xml of course (checking compatibility with Flink's Kryo
version that is 2.24.0):

       <dependency>
            <groupId>de.javakaffee</groupId>
            <artifactId>kryo-serializers</artifactId>
            <version>0.28</version>
        </dependency>

We didn't see a mention to this problem in the migration guide, I think it
should be added.

Best,
Stefano

Re: Joda DateTimeSerializer

Posted by Robert Metzger <rm...@apache.org>.
Hi Stefano,

your fix is the right way to resolve the issue ;)

If you want, give me your Confluence Wiki username and I give you edit
permissions in our wiki. Otherwise, I'll quickly add a note to the
migration guide.