Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Dilip M <di...@s7solutions.com> on 2004/03/12 06:04:30 UTC

[users@httpd] Including PHP support with APACHE ?

Hi,

How could i include PHP support in apache ? I have these version of RPM's
, that came with Redhat 8.0.

# rpm -qa|egrep 'php|http'
libghttp-1.0.9-5
httpd-2.0.40-8
php-4.2.2-8.0.5

----------------------------

I tried to enable " mod_php4 " using 'webmin' , but that seems to be not
working :((

grep -i php /etc/httpd/conf/httpd.conf
<<shows nothing >>

-Dilip

Re: [users@httpd] Including PHP support with APACHE ?

Posted by James Scott <jh...@cox.net>.
On Thu, 2004-03-11 at 23:04, Dilip M wrote:
> Hi,
>
> How could i include PHP support in apache ? I have these version of RPM's
> , that came with Redhat 8.0.
>
> # rpm -qa|egrep 'php|http'
> libghttp-1.0.9-5
> httpd-2.0.40-8
> php-4.2.2-8.0.5
>
> ----------------------------
>
> I tried to enable " mod_php4 " using 'webmin' , but that seems to be not
> working :((
>
> grep -i php /etc/httpd/conf/httpd.conf
> <<shows nothing >>
In the RH httpd version php is enabled /etc/httpd/conf.d with the
inclusion of the file php.conf.  If this is a default install it is
enabled.  I had problems like this at first when I attempted some
configuring.  In some types of configurations (self imposed) you can
cause the server to ignore index.php.  Google for a phpinfo script.  Put
in your document root and point your browser to localhost/filename.  It
should give you lots of nicely formated info on php.