Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Justin Maggard <jm...@hotmail.com> on 2007/07/14 00:15:32 UTC

modperl_perl_destruct failure

Hi all,

I've run into a bit of a problem.  I'm trying to load a B::Bytecode compiled
perl module with modperl2 running on Apache 2.2.3.  But the memory usage
keep going up each time I do a graceful restart of Apache.  I tracked it
down to the modperl_perl_destruct function, where perl_destruct appears to
be completely broken for Bytecode-compiled modules.  Regular perl modules
(not bytecode) seem to be fine.  My question is, might there be a way to
force that memory to be released without doing a full shutdown and restart
of Apache?  Any help would be *greatly* appreciated!

Thanks!
- Justin

Local listings, incredible imagery, and driving directions - all in one
place! http://maps.live.com/?wip=69&FORM=MGAC01

Re: modperl_perl_destruct failure

Posted by Frank Wiles <fr...@wiles.org>.
On Fri, 13 Jul 2007 15:15:32 -0700
"Justin Maggard" <jm...@hotmail.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I've run into a bit of a problem.  I'm trying to load a B::Bytecode
> compiled perl module with modperl2 running on Apache 2.2.3.  But the
> memory usage keep going up each time I do a graceful restart of
> Apache.  I tracked it down to the modperl_perl_destruct function,
> where perl_destruct appears to be completely broken for
> Bytecode-compiled modules.  Regular perl modules (not bytecode) seem
> to be fine.  My question is, might there be a way to force that
> memory to be released without doing a full shutdown and restart of
> Apache?  Any help would be *greatly* appreciated!

  I know there was a memory leak condition when doing graceful
  restarts in mod_perl 1.x,  anyone know if this is still the
  case with mp2?  I never do graceful restarts, so I don't
  ever see it myself.

   Frank Wiles, Revolution Systems, LLC.
     Personal : frank@wiles.org  http://www.wiles.org
     Work     : frank@revsys.com http://www.revsys.com