Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Andrew Answer <cr...@mail.ru> on 2001/09/04 15:33:33 UTC

xml compressing

Hello cocoon-users,

  I have some questions about C2 environment...

  1. Anybody know can i compress my xml/xsp files before publishing it?
  I want to use on-the-fly compressing util like XMLPPM
  (http://sourceforge.net/projects/xmlppm).  It's can decrease my traffic.
  Need i change MIME-type of HTTP header for automatic decompression
  files on the user? May be i must change files extension?

  2. Can I precompile my site into .class files for speed increasing?
  How to do this?

--
Best regards,
 Andrew                          mailto:creator0@mail.ru

Re: xml compressing

Posted by Sergio Carvalho <se...@acm.org>.
From: Andrew Answer <cr...@mail.ru>
--

> Hello cocoon-users,
>
>   I have some questions about C2 environment...
>
>   1. Anybody know can i compress my xml/xsp files before publishing it?
>   I want to use on-the-fly compressing util like XMLPPM
>   (http://sourceforge.net/projects/xmlppm).  It's can decrease my traffic.
>   Need i change MIME-type of HTTP header for automatic decompression
>   files on the user? May be i must change files extension?

I guess the best way would be with mod_gzip on apache. It does work if you
access cocoon with mod_proxy. I have never used it with mod_jk, so I can't tell
if it works.

>   2. Can I precompile my site into .class files for speed increasing?
>   How to do this?

You probably don't need this. The compilation occurs only on the first access,
and never again.

Sérgio

Re: Re[2]: xml compressing

Posted by java guru <ja...@yahoo.co.in>.
Hi.,
  I feel sorry for leading this topic off cocoon2.
Hope this will not extend beyond limits.

But., yes, you can do that all., but as already
someone explains you cannot bundle all html+images
together in this method..and this kinda stuff is
highly client dependent...

=== message truncated ===

=====
Thanks and have great day
srini

Re: Re[2]: xml compressing

Posted by Xavier Renard <xa...@ulg.ac.be>.

Re: Re[2]: xml compressing

Posted by java guru <ja...@yahoo.co.in>.
Hi.,
> [...]

> very useful for me. My pages are too large (many
> tables, texts,
> images - 50-60k)
>
> jg> 2. The xsp/sitemap precompilation process is in
> jg> faq..Please try it...
>
> Well, i do this.
>
> jg>  --- Andrew Answer <cr...@mail.ru> wrote: >
> Hello
> jg> cocoon-users,
> >>
> >>   I have some questions about C2 environment...
> >>
> >>   1. Anybody know can i compress my xml/xsp files
> >> before publishing it?
> >>   I want to use on-the-fly compressing util like
> >> XMLPPM
> >>   (http://sourceforge.net/projects/xmlppm).  It's
> >> can decrease my traffic.
> >>   Need i change MIME-type of HTTP header for
> >> automatic decompression
> >>   files on the user? May be i must change files
> >> extension?
> >>
> >>   2. Can I precompile my site into .class files

=====
Thanks and have great day
srini

Re[2]: xml compressing

Posted by Andrew Answer <cr...@mail.ru>.
Hi java guru,

jg> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
>> Please check that your question has not already been
>> answered in the
>> FAQ before posting.
>> <http://xml.apache.org/cocoon/faqs.html>
>>
>> To unsubscribe, e-mail:
>> <co...@xml.apache.org>
>> For additional commands, e-mail:
>> <co...@xml.apache.org>

jg> =====
jg> Thanks and have great day
jg> srini

jg> ____________________________________________________________
jg> Do You Yahoo!?

Re: xml compressing

Posted by java guru <ja...@yahoo.co.in>.
Hi.,
  Correct me if wrong..

1. The xml/xsl rendering in c2 is done on server side.
Then why do u need to compress the xml/xsp for client
side?

2. The xsp/sitemap precompilation process is in
faq..Please try it...

 --- Andrew Answer <cr...@mail.ru> wrote: > Hello
cocoon-users,

>   I have some questions about C2 environment...
>
>   1. Anybody know can i compress my xml/xsp files
> before publishing it?
>   I want to use on-the-fly compressing util like
> XMLPPM
>   (http://sourceforge.net/projects/xmlppm).  It's
> can decrease my traffic.
>   Need i change MIME-type of HTTP header for
> automatic decompression
>   files on the user? May be i must change files
> extension?
>
>   2. Can I precompile my site into .class files for
> speed increasing?
>   How to do this?
>
> --
> Best regards,