Posted to user@velocity.apache.org by "Geir Magnusson Jr." <ge...@optonline.net> on 2001/05/22 05:32:32 UTC

Re: Resource loader problems and Re: can't load my own properties file using tomcat

I think both of these problems were caused by the changes to
servlet_example1 to have it self-configure.  In the process, of course,
it ignores any external properties file.

I added a new servlet_example2, which uses a velocity.properties, and
has examples on how to work with the ClasspathResourceLoader and the
FileResourceLoader

Note that this example is *not* identical to the original
servlet_example1 either, as that had very little value-add for new
users, and resulted in quite a bit of confusion.

The new servlet_example2 is checked into both the CVS HEAD, so it will
appear in the nightly snapshot, as well as the 1.1 branch.  There are a
few more issues before we mint a rc2, so get from CVS or the nightly.

It was only tested under linux, so if anyone can verify that all is good
under Windows, that would be great.

geir

System and Software Consulting
"still climbing up to the shoulders..."