Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by Stijn de Witt <St...@chello.nl> on 2004/02/18 11:21:35 UTC

Is class JspPortletAction deprecated?

I read the following comments in the source for JspPortletAction.
Does this mean I should avoid using JspPortletAction altogether?
If I plan to switch to Jetspeed 2 as soon as it becomes official, should I care about this? Thanks for any insights.

-Stijn

/**
 * An abstract action class to build JspPortlet actions.
 *
 * <p>Don't call it from the URL, the Portlet and the Action are automatically
 * associated through the registry PortletName
 *  <p>
 *  <strong>NOTE:</strong>This supports the pre-MVC style of template based
 *   portlet development and is supplied for backward compatibility.   It is
 *  suggested you  use a combination of
 *  @see org.apache.jetspeed.portal.portlets.GenericMVCPortlet along with
 *  subclassing @see org.apache.jetspeed.portal.portlets.GenericMVCAction
 *  for future portlet development.