Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Sonny Sukumar <ah...@hotmail.com> on 2003/09/13 00:36:32 UTC

Wouldn't it be nice if...

I was just thinking...wouldn't it be nice if one could give a description to
each pipeline (or matcher) in thes sitemap and then automatically generate
documentation from that telling what each URI does?

I'm working on an administrative interface for the backend of a site, and
there's many many URIs which one might want to quickly jump to.  Sure, one
should address this in the information architecture by making it easy to
navigate to the different pages using the web interface, but I still think
such an automatic documentation generator would be useful.

Sort of like Javadoc for Java class code.  Thoughts?

Sonny

Re: Wouldn't it be nice if...

Posted by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@codeconsult.ch>.
Le Samedi, 13 sep 2003, à 00:36 Europe/Zurich, Sonny Sukumar a écrit :

> I was just thinking...wouldn't it be nice if one could give a
> description to each pipeline (or matcher) in thes sitemap and then
> automatically generate documentation from that telling what each URI
> does?...

I'm not sure if I understand correctly, do you mean something like

<map:match pattern="someStuff.pdf">
   <map:description>
	Generates the PDF version of the live someStuff data
   </map:description>

And then generate a page with the patterns and corresponding
descriptions?

I think this is doable already with something like

<map:match pattern="someStuff.pdf">
   <!-- DESC: Generates the PDF version of the live someStuff data -->

And an XSLT transform that takes sitemap.xmap as input and uses these
DESC comments. But it's a bit hackish ;-)

-Bertrand