Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by cppUser <bi...@techmahindra.com> on 2007/06/18 10:23:36 UTC

How to post a message through http?

Hi all,

Since I couldnt get the active to run on Solaris, Iam trying to post the
message using plain http(s). Could someone throw some light on how to
achieve this?
Example :
"http://localhost:61616/admin/send/?destination=channel://account/Events&persistent=false....
blah blah the right way"

Best Regards

Re: How to post a message through http?

Posted by cppUser <bi...@techmahindra.com>.
Hi,

Thanks for your reply.
On solaris it compiles when I use the g++ (GNU) compiler. However our entire
application is up and Running using the Sun's native CC 5.8 compiler.
1) The library compiled using g++ is not compatible with CC as there are
loads of compatibility issues between the two compilers.
2) Activemq doesnt compile when using CC. I somehow managed to compile the
core part (activemq and cms folders which are the only things specifically
needed apart from config.h) using a -library=stlport4 flag with warnings and
even recompiled the entire application using that flag. But the outcome was
same as (1) which says symbols not defined while linking. But this was done
bypassing the ./configure because it fails when specified CC. It fails
"checking for pthread_create in -lpthread... no configure: error: libpthread
not found!"

Would you know any work around to use CC to compile and link?

I currently have got it to post it directly via http and using curl and
seems working. But it would have been faster if it was the cpp client rather
than web posting. Appreciate your help and look forward to your further
advice... :)

Thanks
binu

Posted by James Strachan <ja...@gmail.com>.