Posted to dev@lucene.apache.org by Erik Hatcher <er...@ehatchersolutions.com> on 2004/01/12 17:57:10 UTC

Lucene taglib status

Bryan, et al,

I've made a bit of a concerted effort to get the sandbox taglib
codebase to function and have had no success.  Yes, I could spend the
time to fix it up and make it work as I know JSP and taglib stuff
pretty well, but I really only had one purpose for trying it out - so
that I could write a section on it for the Lucene in Action book while
I'm explaining the sandbox goodies.  Unfortunately, my 2 hour effort
yielded nothing successful.  I made some minor code cleanup as I worked
on this and have committed those changes.  The main issue is that
result.jsp is busted - it sets variables to the request parameters
*after* assigning the defaults so the defaults are overwritten.

For the time being, I'm going to simply note that the taglib codebase
is there for developers to use as a basis, but as it is now it does not
work properly.

If you'd like a more glowing write-up on the taglib contribution,
please refine what is there and package it as working demo that can be
easily configured to point at a pre-built index.  Perhaps what is in
CVS is outdated and fixes have not been applied?  If so, please point
me to unapplied patches and I'll gladly update it.

	Erik